Saturday 2 August 2014

change

Well there has been plenty of "change" going on in my life so far this year! For those that don't know, I have moved to Wanaka in the south island. Im working as a plumber and living/loving life down here! Now that life not all about racing bikes I am getting out and experiencing this amazing place and all its got to offer! Getting out most weekends tramping, camping, playing on the moto, exploring the area on the mtb and any thing else that comes my way.

 I have meet some pretty cool people already while Ive been down here who are also all into getting out and having fun as well




After a 14ish year relationship with adventure brands "abs" (the nz importers of Jamis and Rocky Mountain bikes) We have had to part ways, this was NOT something I wanted to happen but I guess all good things must come  to an end. I really value this relationship and all the support (and awesome bikes) I have had from these guys over the time. I have had so many awesome experiences riding these bikes and was able to claim many titles along the way including racing to 8th in the Melbourne Commonwealth games in 2006 and racing at 8 World Championships to name a couple.
I am still riding as often as I can and have been doing a few races through out the year, I managed to come away with a win in a two person team in the queenstown 6hr super-D and a couple 3rd's in my age group (top 10 overall) in gravity enduro races, I even managed a 3rd in the winterfest bikes on snow race down one of the ski runs on coronet peak. Although I have parted ways with "abs" I am still planing to do a bunch of gravity enduro races over the summer so watch this space!!! ("change")








I have also decided to give this blog a bit of a revamp and "change" it from a race blog into more of an adventures of Mikey type of a blog, so over the next few days I will be making things look a wee bit different.

No comments: